Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finals...

Well guys, I am just about finished with my last semester of classes.  One more final to go.  I have to say, this has been the most relaxing finals week known to man.  I only had 3 finals this semester, one that is scheduled for the last day, Friday.  Kind of annoying, but at least I have had 3 days to study for it since its going to be a killer.  I even slept in a little bit this morning... who gets to do that during finals?  My projects and lessons were due last week, so I'm just on the home stretch.  Poor Garrett hasn't been so lucky.  But the good news is his hardest semester is almost over!  I am so grateful he is such a hard worker, but I cant wait to spend a little bit more time with him next semester.
Oh and I almost forgot, I passed the PRAXIS!  I cannot even explain to you how excited I was to get an 82% on that dreaded test.  I guess I know a little bit more about Asian history than I thought...
1 step left to graduation: Student teaching.  Me being in charge of 120 highschool kids who all seem to be taller than me.  Kids who will try and sweet talk me into letting them do whatever they want.  Kids who are depending on me to help prepare them for their futures in college and the real world.  Kids who will probably make me want to go crazy.  And kids who I know I will love.  Am I excited?  Thats a loaded question.  I am extremely nervous. I don't feel prepared.  Somedays I still feel like a high school student myself.  But the bottom line it, I'm doing it!  And I know once I get past a few speed bumps and get over my nerves, I will love it.  Bring it on Timpanogas students!